Disclosure: This publish might comprise affiliate hyperlinks. I could earn a small fee for my endorsement, suggestion, testimonial, and/or hyperlink to any services or products from this web site.
Vegan Banana Muffins make the very best seize and go breakfast or afternoon deal with. All you want is ripe, spotty bananas, plus 10 straightforward components!
These Vegan Banana Muffins are delicate and fluffy on the within, crisp on the sides, and overrated tall just like the muffins out of your favourite espresso store. Nobody would guess these bite-sized buttery muffins have been made with plant-based components.
Desk of Contents
The 30 Minute Muffin
A loaf of banana bread is scrumptious, however it’s additionally infamous for a fairly lengthy bake (60 minutes to be precise)! This banana muffin recipe solves that precise drawback. All the sunshine, fluffy, scrumptious taste of my standard vegan banana bread with ⅓ of the bake time.
I already know this 30 minute muffin recipe goes to turn out to be useful for final minute meal prep, fast breakfasts, or late night time snacks when a banana bread craving hits – you recognize what I’m speaking about. Now let’s get into the main points!
What You Want for Vegan Banana Muffins
Much like my vegan banana bread, these muffins are made with reasonably priced pantry staples. A number of notes to assist:
- Flax: Arguably my favourite vegan egg replacer. When combined with water, it thickens up right into a gelatinous texture, similar to the consistency of egg whites.
- Flour: All-purpose flour yields the lightest, fluffiest domed muffins. For those who’re searching for a gluten-free muffin, chances are you’ll get pleasure from my Chocolate Banana Muffins.
- Bananas: The spottier the higher.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar is actually granulated cane sugar combined with molasses, which provides each additional moisture and sweetness to those banana muffins.
- Non-dairy milk: Any unsweetened vegan milk will do right here. Soy milk is my go-to.
- Oil: One other key ingredient to additional delicate, bakery fashion muffins. For those who’re searching for oil-free muffins, attempt my One-Bowl Pumpkin Muffins or make my Vegan Banana Bread recipe with nut butter.
Make Vegan Banana Muffins
- Combine the bottom flax and water in a small bowl. Put aside to thicken.
- Whisk collectively the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Type a properly within the heart.
- Mash the bananas till easy and shiny in a separate bowl. Add in the brown sugar, flax egg, milk, melted vegan butter, vanilla and vinegar. Pour the moist components into the dry and blend till a thick batter varieties. Fold within the chocolate and walnuts, if utilizing.
- Spoon the batter evenly among the many muffin tins. Sprinkle every muffin with a number of additional chocolate chips.
- Bake till the tops of the muffins are barely golden, about 25 minutes complete.
- Cool the muffins on a cooling rack.
- Take pleasure in these vegan banana muffins heat or room temperature.
Caitlin’s Cooking Ideas
- Use overripe bananas. As bananas ripen, the starches in them break down and will increase the sugar content material within the fruit. This makes riper bananas considerably sweeter. For greatest outcomes, use ripe, spotty bananas!
- Mash the bananas rather well. After mashing the bananas with a fork, combine them till they’re largely easy and shiny – this permits for the very best distribution of banana taste.
- Take note of the oven temperature change. Beginning at a better temperature earlier than lowering for the rest of the bake creates bakery-style domed muffins with golden, crisp edges.
Vegan Banana Muffins make a easy breakfast, fast snack, or candy, after dinner deal with. I like to maintain it easy and slather with my favourite nut butter.
For those who’re searching for less difficult vegan muffin recipes, you’ll additionally love these Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins, Vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins (One Bowl!) and these Apple Cinnamon Muffins!
Retailer Vegan Banana Muffins
Muffins will maintain in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days or within the freezer for as much as 2 months. These muffins can be frozen for as much as 2 months. Permit the muffins to chill fully earlier than storing.
I usually get pleasure from these banana muffins at room temperature, however in the event you favor your muffins heat, reheat a single muffin within the microwave in 15 second bursts till heat. Alternatively, wrap the muffins in foil and reheat within the oven or toaster oven for about 10 minutes at 350F.
The batter might be too moist and gummy. You want the proper ratio of moist to dry to make mild, fluffy baked items.
I like to recommend mixing with a spatula and slowly folding the batter collectively versus a conventional whisking movement. This can assist stop air from being whipped into the batter and maintain it from turning into powerful.
From expertise, I’ve not discovered this to make a distinction. I wouldn’t fear about it!
It’s okay on your batter to have a number of lumps – simply guarantee there aren’t any lumps filled with dry flour.
Take pleasure in! For those who make this recipe and resolve to share it on Fb or Instagram, don’t overlook to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I’d additionally like it in the event you may depart a remark under with a recipe ranking! Thanks for the help 😊
- 2 tablespoons floor flax
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 1/2 cups all objective flour spooned and leveled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe* bananas mashed (about 1 cup
- 3/4 packed cup mild brown sugar
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup melted vegan butter or impartial oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks elective
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts elective
Prep: Preheat the oven to 425F and generously grease a 12-muffin pan with vegan butter or oil. Mix the bottom flax and water in a small bowl and blend properly; let sit for not less than 5 minutes, to thicken.
Dry Elements: Add the flour to a big mixing bowl, then add within the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk till mixed, then kind a properly within the heart of the bowl.
Moist Elements: Break the bananas into items and place in a smaller bowl. Mash the bananas properly with a fork, mixing the combination till it’s largely easy and shiny. Add the brown sugar, flax egg, milk, melted butter or oil, vanilla, and vinegar to the middle of the bowl. Combine properly, till a thick batter varieties. Fold within the chocolate and walnuts, if utilizing.
Divide the Batter: Use a big scoop or spoon to evenly divide the batter among the many muffin tins, filling every tin stage to the highest. I wish to sprinkle every muffin with a number of additional chocolate chips, however that’s completely elective!
Bake: Bake within the center rack of the oven for 7 minutes, then, with out opening the oven, cut back the oven temperature for 350F. Bake for a further 15 to 18 minutes, till the tops of the muffins are barely golden.
Let Cool: Take away from the oven and set the muffin tin on a cooling rack; let the muffins relaxation for five minutes earlier than utilizing a knife to take away them from the muffin tin. Take pleasure in heat, or let cool fully on the wire rack earlier than storing.
Storage: Muffins will maintain in an hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 3 days. You may as well freeze these banana muffins for as much as two months, and defrost/reheat as crucial in a toaster oven. I don’t advocate storing your muffins within the fridge because it makes their texture chewy.
- Ripe Bananas: Be certain that your bananas are overripe and have brown spots on the pores and skin! This provides the recipe sweetness and the very best banana taste.
- Floor flax could be changed with floor chia seed.
- Brown sugar could be swapped for coconut sugar, however the muffins received’t be as moist.
Energy: 3341kcalCarbohydrates: 374gProtein: 51gFats: 186gSaturated Fats: 38gPolyunsaturated Fats: 97gMonounsaturated Fats: 32gTrans Fats: 1gSodium: 2594mgPotassium: 2064mgFiber: 24gSugar: 89gVitamin A: 787IUVitamin C: 33mgCalcium: 1049mgIron: 20mg