September 06, 2022 by
The VRG Weblog Editor
By Cierra Peterlin, RD, VRG volunteer
Just lately I made a decision to relocate from the Philadelphia, PA space to San Diego, CA. I’d like to focus on a number of the superior eats I got here throughout on my journey from japanese to western USA.
- Three Carrots in Indianapolis, IN was the primary cease I made for some grub. This from-scratch, vegan restaurant is open from Wednesday-Sunday. The meals was superb, as was the environment and brand. Between my dad and mom and me, we tried their Chickpea Salad Sandwich, Southwest Salad with pulled seitan, Mac and Cheese, and Excessive Fives. The Three Carrot’s Mac and Cheese was nut free; it’s creaminess impressed my non-vegan journey companions. The Excessive Fives (mainly seitan wings) got here with a facet of agave mustard which I although was a intelligent vegan tackle conventional honey mustard. You could need to plan a visit to Indiana only for Three Carrots!
Southwest Salad with pulled seitan. Sauces: salsa and chipotle aioli
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Excessive Fives with agave mustard and mac and cheese
- The following place I’d like to say is Carbondale Beer Works. This native brewery in Carbondale, CO had a very healthful vegan menu in addition to vegetarian choices. I attempted the Buddha Bowl with Tofu and the Greens and Grains Bowl. Each of those bowls had been loaded with sufficient kale for no less than 2 meals and the toppings didn’t fall brief both. The Buddha Bowl had miso dressing that added a salty and umami kick which completely complimented the crisp bitterness of kale. If you happen to’re actually hungry in Carbondale, CO and in search of an entire meals plant-based meal that is undoubtedly the place to go!
Greens and Grains Bowl
Buddha Bowl with tofu
- In Moab, UT, after a full morning of mountain climbing, Sultan Mediterranean Grill was the proper lunch spot. The attractive, eclectic decorations and the genuine meals are complimented by the pleasant, fast service. I ordered the lunch bowl which had grape leaves, quinoa, roasted beets, hummus, pita, falafel, and a facet salad with balsamic dressing. This entrée featured a bit of little bit of all the pieces. The recent greens and entire grains cooked and seasoned with numerous Mediterranean spices had been tasty and filling. Moab, UT hosts loads of vegan meals vehicles as effectively however sadly their hours didn’t match up with my time there. Sultan, nevertheless, is open each day so that you undoubtedly received’t miss it!
- Lastly I’ll spotlight two locations in my last vacation spot and new dwelling, San Diego, CA. As one of many nation’s most vegan pleasant cities, I’ve had main possibility paralysis when deciding the place to eat right here! The 2 eating places I’m going to highlight are Union Kitchen and Tap and Tacoterian. To maintain all friends joyful, Union Kitchen and Faucet gives all varieties of meals from salads and flatbreads to hearty entrées. Their vegan choices embody 3 distinctive entrées, certainly one of which was the Chili Rellenos that I ordered. I had by no means had Chili Rellenos earlier than, so I used to be actually keen to provide it a strive. It didn’t disappoint.
- Tacoterian is an all vegan restaurant with quite a lot of Mexican meals. They’ve a vegan birria taco platter which I needed to strive. It was enormous and superb as leftovers. The remainder of the menu additionally regarded superb and I look ahead to going again.
To discover a listing of veggie eating places within the USA and Canada go to: https://www.vrg.org/restaurant/index.php