Howdy buddies, completely happy fall! Right here’s what October delivered to the desk!
Cooler climate has been exhibiting itself on the west coast. I’m undecided how we’re welcoming November already, I really feel like summer time simply barely ended.
What We’re Consuming Proper Now
I believe fall is my favourite meals season (okay, and summer time for the entire recent veggies!).
- Stew is the right fall climate meal. Beef stew is a traditional however I’m fairly obsessive about this rooster stew recipe too! Final yr I added a leftover turkey stew to the positioning, you’ll want to bookmark it for Thanksgiving leftovers. It’s SO SO good!
- I’ve made this aspect dish recipe extra instances than I can rely.
- I’m obsessive about all issues candy potato proper now. This model new pasta dish is superb and oh-so-easy. It’s filled with taste and I believe you’ll adore it.
- In case you’ve acquired a sluggish cooker, add this melt-in-your-mouth crock pot meal to your record!
- I may be consuming a bit of Halloween sweet proper now too 😉 (mini gummy bears and little sweet bars prime my record).
Holly’s October Favorites
- We did heaps and plenty of testing of our favourite Thanksgiving recipes in October so we had a lot of leftover Thanksgiving dishes and turkey. I’m not complaining one little bit!
- We additionally examined 7 variations on stuffing (with subsitutions or different cooking strategies). This straightforward stuffing recipe is my absolute favourite (and a favorite for a lot of of you too).
- In October we had a bit of group retreat with the SpendWithPennies group and visited Victoria, BC on the west coast of Canada for just a few days. Since most of us work nearly, it was nice to spend a while collectively for some enjoyable and studying. We went to the world well-known Butchart Gardens (picture above) and loved some superb meals at their excessive tea!
- I additionally went to Seattle for a few days and did a guided meals tour of Pike’s Place Market and loved some superb chowder and naturally Beecher’s cheese. The historical past of the market is superb and I beloved studying how the Historic Fee is preserving the market and the whole lot it was constructed on. (When travelling, I extremely suggest a tour of some kind, I usually do meals excursions and/or cooking courses).
- Lastly, I did one thing completely new to me, I did a glass-blowing class. I posted it on my Instagram tales and can share the completed piece on Instagram tales as soon as I get it. It was a bit scary working with molten glass however actually enjoyable.
In case you missed it!
Save your favorites. A number of months in the past we launched “save” on SpendWithPennies which implies while you’re shopping round, it can save you your favourite recipes to your recipe field and you may come again to them! Simply click on the little coronary heart on the aspect of the web page to save lots of. Enroll along with your e mail (it’s free) so you possibly can entry them on any gadget, telephone, or laptop.
Spend With Pennies Meal Planner In case you haven’t had an opportunity but, you’ll want to take a look at the Spend With Pennies digital meal plan! We ship a meal plan each week and you may drag and drop them nonetheless you prefer to create meal plans and procuring lists! Add your individual recipes or search 1000’s of recipes in our database.
Extra Thanksgiving Hyperlinks You’ll Want
- 💡 Learn how to Make Thanksgiving Dinner right here
- 📝 Printable Thanksgiving Dinner Planner right here
- 🍽 Thanksgiving Servings Measurement Planner right here
- ❄️ How Lengthy to Thaw Your Turkey right here
- 🔪 Learn how to Carve a Turkey right here
In My Kitchen
- In case you’re doing a lot of prep take a look at my fave chopper, it saves SO a lot time. I exploit it for chopping onions and celery for stuffing, tomatoes for salsa, and all types of different issues!
- These aren’t something fancy however I exploit this little device virtually day by day! It’s good for:
- loosening the perimeters of a cake
- lifting muffins out of a muffin tin
- scraping the underside of a mayonnaise jar
- spreading butter or peanut butter
- even reducing cake or brownies with out scraping your pan.
Our Favourite Recipes in October.
- This straightforward new 4 Ingredient Bread. quarter-hour hands-on and a few hours rising. So good.
- This month I made an enormous batch of this sauce and froze it in smaller servings for fast meals.
Kitchen Tip: Once I reheat this sauce, I usually roast no matter veggies I’ve within the fridge in my air fryer (together with tomatoes). Add them to the sauce to stretch it a bit additional and clear out the fridge!
- I up to date my breakfast sandwiches recipe to make them even simpler. It’s good to make forward for busy mornings.
- One thing new to attempt is that this restaurant favourite (picture above left) made at dwelling! Serve it with this the bread above or a batch of those for dipping.
Your Favourite Recipes in October.
Right here’s what you have been trying out in October!
- Extra reader favorites in October:
Our Little Emmy is Rising!
Our little Emmy is now 7 months previous and getting a bit of bit greater. She has the sweetest temperament (for these of you who missed it, she’s a Havanese). She acquired her first haircut and in addition had her first puppaccino.
What we’re wanting ahead to in November.
Cooler climate, a lot of leftovers (YAY!!), brussels sprouts, and root veggies.
- Anticipate to see some concepts for Thanksgiving leftovers this month (together with a brand new from-scratch turkey casserole and a crock pot soup).
- We now have so many superb Thanksgiving day recipes you’ll love. This candy potato and apple casserole is superb though we do love traditional candy potato casserole.
Tell us within the feedback beneath what you’d prefer to see!
Joyful Thanksgiving! xoxo