Skillet Cinnamon Apples-sautéed apples with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon are an actual fall deal with they usually take lower than 10 minutes to make. Function a aspect dish, breakfast topping, or dessert!
As quickly as there’s a slight crisp within the air I begin dreaming of Skillet Cinnamon Apples. They remind me of my childhood. The scent of cinnamon apples sautéing on the range with butter and brown sugar is pure heaven!
Positive, I like baked apples, however sautéed cinnamon apples are SO easy! They solely take about 10 minutes to cook dinner and are so candy and scrumptious!
Use in-season apples to make this fast dish that works as a aspect dish, a topping for breakfasts and desserts, or a dip with crackers and cheese. The probabilities are countless, however all of them style actually good! You’ll be able to’t go improper!
What Apples to Use
Use your favourite or no matter you could have available. Listed here are a number of the completely different flavors you’ll discover in standard apple varieties:
- Gala: Gala apples are principally candy with a delicate, easy-to-bite inside.
- McIntosh: These may be tougher to search out, however they’re so yummy. McIntosh crimson apples have a slight tartness they usually’re tremendous juicy.
- Honeycrisp: my private favourite! They’re SO good!
- Fuji: all-around apple and simple to search out at grocery shops.
- Granny Smith: Crisp, tart, and nice for cooking and baking!
- Jonagold: Jonagold apples maintain up nicely throughout baking and cooking, they usually’re not fairly as candy as different varieties.
Do I Must Peel the Apples?
It’s as much as you. Peeled apples could have a smoother texture, but when the apple skins don’t trouble you, you’ll be able to depart them on. I make this recipe with and with out the skins and each style nice to me! It’s mainly private desire.
The right way to Make Cinnamon Apples
This recipe actually is SO easy and your own home will scent like fall when the apples are sautéing within the skillet. Your loved ones will run into the kitchen begging for a style, my boys at all times do:)
- Chop the apples into bite-size items which can be the identical dimension so that they cook dinner evenly. If you wish to do slices, you’ll be able to, simply add a further minute or two to the cooking time.
- I like so as to add lemon juice to the apples to forestall them from browning, plus I just like the recent zip of taste.
- I cook dinner the apples in butter for taste, however for those who want the recipe to be vegan, you should use coconut oil.
- Ensure you don’t over cook dinner the apples, you don’t need mushy apples. Take them off the warmth when they’re delicate, however nonetheless a little bit crisp.
There are such a lot of methods to get pleasure from these Cinnamon Apples that you simply’ll wish to at all times have a batch available! Listed here are just a few of the methods we get pleasure from them…
The right way to Retailer and Reheat
As soon as cooked and cooled, retailer the apples in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as one week. Reheat within the microwave or on the stovetop with a further 1-2 tablespoons of water if wanted!
Extra Apple Recipes
Skillet Cinnamon Apples
Sautéed apples with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon are an actual fall deal with they usually take lower than 10 minutes to make. Function a aspect dish, breakfast topping, or dessert!
- 3 giant apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Place the chopped apples in a medium bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice and stir. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and stir till the apples are nicely coated.
In a big skillet, warmth the butter over medium warmth. Add the apples and a couple of tablespoons of water. Prepare dinner, stirring often, till apples are tender however not mushy, about 7 to eight minutes. Stir within the vanilla extract and pinch of salt.
Serve the apples heat.
Energy: 146kcal, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 1g, Fats: 6g, Saturated Fats: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 53mg, Potassium: 146mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 20g, Vitamin A: 249IU, Vitamin C: 6mg, Calcium: 18mg, Iron: 1mg
Have you ever tried this recipe?
Depart a remark beneath and share a photograph on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod