Fill these simple Breakfast Tacos with fluffy eggs, cheese, and any of your favourite toppings! Whether or not you’re loading them up with chorizo or crispy bacon, this can be a quick, scrumptious, and customizable breakfast the entire household will love.
Now you’ll be able to take pleasure in Taco Tuesday at breakfast, or any day of the week actually. Watch the Video Tutorial under and let’s get cooking!
This publish could include affiliate hyperlinks. Learn my disclosure coverage.
Simple Breakfast Tacos
We love every kind of tacos, from Fish Tacos to Shrimp Tacos, crisp Taco Salad, and even Taco Soup! The primary time I attempted breakfast tacos was in a restaurant and I simply knew I needed to re-create them at house. This recipe is straightforward and was a house run for my household. Right here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
- Fast and Simple – Breakfast tacos are quick to organize and enjoyable to assemble. Have these on the desk in simply 20 minutes!
- The Finest Scrambled Eggs – The superb scrambled eggs make this recipe. It’s the star ingredient and also you’ll love our methodology for making moist and tremendous fluffy eggs.
- Customizable – Everybody will get to load up their tortillas with hearty toppings like eggs, Roasted Salsa, veggies, and meat.
- Filling – These tacos are hearty and satisfying. Nobody goes hungry after a morning taco binge.
- Nutritious – You select what goes into your taco. That is a simple manner to slot in wholesome substances and additional protein at breakfast.
Breakfast Tacos Video
We love quick and simple breakfast concepts, from Breakfast Burritos to Breakfast Quesadillas. If you’re searching for a brand new favourite breakfast concept, this Breakfast Taco recipe is a must-try. I hope this video has you impressed to vary up your breakfast routine.
Under is every thing you’ll must make these savory breakfast tacos. Be sure you discuss with the recipe card for the complete particulars:
- Small Tortillas – I like to recommend utilizing the 6” flour tortillas, or corn tortillas if you happen to’re making gluten-free tacos.
- Chorizo Sausage – Since we’re utilizing recent chorizo, bear in mind to take away the sausage casings as wanted. I nervous it could be too spicy for my youngsters, however that’s the topping they liked most! You can too substitute with bacon.
- Eggs – I exploit 1 massive egg per taco.
- Milk – Lowfat milk or entire milk lightens up the scrambled eggs.
- Butter – we all the time use unsalted to manage the salt
Toppings for Breakfast Tacos
These are our favourite toppings for Breakfast Tacos. You’ll love how customizable they’re and you should utilize what you’ve gotten readily available:
- Meats – High your tacos with chorizo as we now have right here, or attempt Bacon, Ham, or sliced leftover Steak.
- Cheese – Shredded medium cheddar cheese, or shredded Mexican Cheese mix
- Salsa – Roasted Tomato Salsa, Blender Salsa, or Pico de Gallo. You can too use recent diced tomatoes.
- Garnishes – Recent cilantro is scrumptious sprinkled over breakfast tacos and you’ll add sliced or diced jalapeno so as to add some spice.
- Sizzling Sauce – Drizzle tacos along with your favourite sizzling sauce to style.
Learn how to Warmth Tortillas
The best tortillas to make use of for a crowd are flour tortillas since you’ll be able to warmth a stack of all of them without delay within the oven, however you should utilize Corn Tortillas for a gluten-free choice.
- To Warmth Flour Tortillas – Wrap flour tortillas in foil in 2 stacks of 4 and place in a preheated oven at 300˚F for quarter-hour or till heated by means of. Take away from the oven and preserve tortillas in foil to maintain heat till able to assemble.
- To Toast Corn Tortillas – corn tortillas are finest warmed individually. You’ll be able to toast them on a dry skillet or over a medium/low flame in your gasoline stovetop (simply you’ll want to flip typically with steel tongs as they will burn rapidly).
- Exhausting Taco Shells – if you happen to want, you should utilize crispy fried Exhausting Tortilla Shells as a substitute.
Learn how to Make Breakfast Tacos
As soon as your whole substances and toppings are prepared, all you need to do is assemble. When you comply with these steps, your tacos must be prepared for meeting whereas the substances are heat and recent.
- Prep – Whereas the oven preheats to 300ºF and prep your whole toppings.
- Warmth Tortillas – Heat the tortillas within the oven wrapped in foil, or toasted in a skillet.
- Cook dinner Chorizo or Bacon – Break up and brown the chorizo in a sizzling skillet till cooked by means of. Switch to a pater-towel lined plate to empty. If utilizing bacon, I like to recommend oven-baked bacon or simple Air Fryer Bacon.
- Scramble Eggs – Beat collectively the eggs, milk, and salt till blended. Soften butter within the skillet over medium/low warmth then add the eggs. Gently pull the cooked edges in the direction of the center with a spatula, working your manner across the skillet. When your eggs are cooked however nonetheless a bit of moist, take the pan off the warmth and canopy them to maintain heat.
- Assemble the Breakfast Tacos – Fill your tortillas with eggs and cheese, adopted by chorizo (or bacon) and your favourite toppings.
Professional Tip: Preserve your warmed or toasted tortillas wrapped contained in the foil whilst you put together the opposite taco substances. This fashion they’ll keep heat till you’re prepared to make use of them.
A Breakfast Burrito is bigger, with substances rolled up inside a gentle flour tortilla. Tacos, alternatively, are simply folded in half. They are often made in both gentle or laborious shell tortillas.
Breakfast tacos are a Tex-Mex creation that originated in Austin, TX.
Chorizo is a (normally) delicate Spanish raw sausage made with pork and chilies. When you want to not use Chorizo, bacon is a superb choice.
Whereas I believe these tacos are finest when they’re recent, it’s all the time good to do some breakfast meal prep or concepts for storing leftover tacos. When making forward, all the time add your recent toppings like salsa, cilantro, and so on simply earlier than serving. Listed here are one of the best methods to organize these tacos prematurely:
- To Refrigerate: Put together and refrigerate the tortillas and substances individually, or assemble the fundamental tacos (tortilla, eggs, meat, and cheese), cowl and refrigerate as much as 2 days forward.
- Freezing: You’ll be able to freeze the assembled breakfast tacos earlier than including toppings. As soon as absolutely cooled, wrap them tightly in plastic wrap, plus a layer of foil. When you’re layering these tacos, I like to recommend utilizing parchment paper to separate the layers.
- To Reheat: Heat frozen breakfast tacos within the microwave or in a skillet straight from frozen. You are able to do the identical with refrigerated tacos. When you’re reheating in a microwave, I like to recommend wrapping the tacos inside a paper towel to soak up any extra moisture.
We love making these simple breakfast tacos on a Saturday or Sunday morning. They all the time style nice and there are limitless methods to vary up the substances. I’d love to listen to the way you fill your breakfast tacos within the feedback!
Extra Breakfast Recipes
When you’re prepared to vary your breakfast routine, these recipes will make a breakfast particular person out of you. You’ll love that some may be made forward for meal prep (like In a single day Oats), and these are the breakfasts we make on repeat:
Simple Breakfast Tacos
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
Whole Time: 20 minutes
Simple Breakfast Tacos with the fluffiest eggs, chorizo, cheese, and your favourite toppings. You may make this Breakfast Taco Recipe on repeat.
Price to Make:
breakfast taco recipe, breakfast tacos
American, Mexican, Tex Mex
Servings: 8 tacos
small flour tortillas, (6” diameter), or corn tortillas for gluten free
chorizo sausage, (casings eliminated if current) or bacon
milk, (skim or entire milk)
effective sea salt
Preheat oven to 300˚F and put together the entire toppings so they’re prepared for meeting when the eggs are heat and prepared.
Wrap flour tortillas in foil in 2 stacks of 4 and place in a preheated oven at 300˚F for quarter-hour or till heated by means of. Take away from the oven and preserve tortillas in foil to maintain heat till able to assemble. If utilizing corn tortillas, toast on a dry forged iron skillet.
Cook dinner Chorizo or Bacon:
Set a massive skillet over medium/excessive warmth and add chorizo. Break it up with a spatula and cook dinner till browned and absolutely cooked by means of then switch to a paper towel-lined plate to empty. If utilizing bacon, cook dinner bacon within the oven or make Air Fryer bacon till browned and crisp then drain on paper towels and chop.
Learn how to Scramble Eggs:
In a medium mixing bowl, add 8 eggs, ¼ cup milk and ¼ tsp salt, and beat along with a fork till eggs are properly blended.
Place a big non-stick skillet over medium/low warmth. Soften in 2 Tbsp butter. As soon as eggs are frothy, add well-beaten eggs. Let eggs sit for a second till you see them beginning to cook dinner on the edges and backside. Use a silicone spatula to tug the cooked eggs towards the center, letting the liquid eggs take the place of the cooked eggs and dealing across the skillet as you go.
In the direction of the top, fold eggs onto themselves, however don’t over-stir. Take away from the warmth when the eggs nonetheless look a bit of moist and they’re going to end cooking on the residual warmth from the skillet. Watch out to not overcook. When performed, they need to look moist, however not moist. Cowl to maintain heat till able to assemble.
To Assemble Breakfast Tacos:
Fill every tortilla with eggs then shredded cheese to soften over the eggs. Add bacon or chorizo, avocado, pico or salsa, and sizzling sauce if utilizing alongside along with your favourite toppings. Garnish with cilantro.
Simple Breakfast Tacos
Quantity Per Serving
Energy from Fats 180
% Each day Worth*
Saturated Fats 9g56%
Trans Fats 0.1g
Polyunsaturated Fats 2g
Monounsaturated Fats 6g
Ldl cholesterol 227mg76%
Vitamin A 808IU16%
Vitamin C 11mg13%
* % Each day Values are primarily based on a 2000 calorie food plan.