posted by Liz Berg
on September 5, 2022
If you happen to love the traditional mixture of chocolate and peanut butter, these Peanut Butter Stuffed Chocolate Cookies are proper up your alley! Chewy chocolate gems stuffed with a candy peanut butter shock!
These Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are a enjoyable deal with for the Resses’ lovers in your life.
Why You Should Make these Chocolate Cookies with Peanut Butter
- I first made these peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies when Katie was a wee Lady Scout, and he or she was in heaven together with her first nibble. We had a gathering at our home and cookies needed to be on the menu. These had been cookie pushers extraordinaire, in spite of everything. If you happen to’re a fan of Tagalongs or Do Si Dos, you’ll love these cookies.
- Who doesn’t love a shock? And that’s what you get whenever you chew into one in every of these chocolate cookies!
Continuously Requested Questions
What Are Stuffed Cookies?
Stuffed or Stuffed Cookies are when the dough is both wrapped round a filling, made into cups and stuffed, or baked first, then stuffed like an Oreo or Linzer cookie.
How Do You Stuff Cookies?
I’ve stuffed these cookies utilizing two totally different strategies. The primary time, I made two flat discs of dough and sealed them round a spoonful of filling. With this batch, I made one disc and folded it over the filling, sealed properly, after which rolled it right into a ball.
How Do I Make My Cookies Look Bakery Worthy?
First, to make professional-looking cookies, be sure that the dough balls are very spherical whenever you place them on the baking sheet.
Maintain again some chocolate chips, nuts, or candies which are IN the cookies to garnish the cookies once they’re heat and recent out of the oven.
Additionally, whereas the cookies are nonetheless sizzling out of the oven, use a spatula to rigorously faucet them into good rounds in the event that they want some reshaping.
Suggestions for Making Reeses Peanut Butter Cookies
I discovered this recipe on the Martha Stewart web site a few years in the past. With two out of my 3 kids being Reese’s fanatics, the chocolate-peanut butter combo is all the time a winner round right here. I despatched most of those house with my oldest…and his roommates and their important others requested him to convey again extra cookies when he stopped by later within the week. And Katie had a giant grin on her face after the primary chew, telling her huge brother that they style similar to peanut butter cups. And she or he’s the one who often snubs any chocolate cookie, so I contemplate this a victory!
- PRO-Tip: Make certain to relax each the cookie dough and the filling. It will assist the baked cookies hold their form as a substitute of baking flat.
- Since these cookies are made with Dutch processed cocoa powder, they use baking powder in addition to baking soda. That is as a result of chemical composition of the cocoa powder.
- Make certain your baking powder has not expired earlier than beginning to make these cookies. It typically expires earlier than you utilize all of it because it isn’t utilized as a lot as baking soda.
- PRO-Tip: Take a look at your baking powder by placing a spoonful into sizzling water. It ought to bubble vigorously if it’s recent. If it doesn’t, toss it and purchase a brand new can.
- If filling cookies is new to you, you might wish to bake a take a look at cookie to be sure to don’t over stuff them. If the filling oozes out in the course of the baking time, attempt utilizing rather less or patting out your chocolate dough a bit of thinner.
- Notice, when you see any of the filling after you roll the dough into balls, they are going to leak.
- I used Jif peanut butter. Don’t use a pure peanut butter because the consistency is simply too skinny.
Extra Scrumptious Cookie Recipes:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (plus extra to roll dough dough balls)
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (reserve half to garnish cookies once they come out of the oven)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Whisk collectively flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt Put aside.
- In your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, shortening, sugar, and brown sugar for a few minutes till mild and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one after the other, mixing until integrated. Add vanilla, then steadily add dry components, and blend on low velocity till properly mixed.
- Stir in half the chocolate chips by hand.
- Cowl bowl with plastic wrap, and chill till agency, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir collectively peanut butter and powdered sugar (style for sweetness to see if you’d like the total quantity). Chill for an hour to let agency up.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches aside. I used a medium cookie scoop.
- Use the heel of your hand and compress the dough to make a flat disc.
- Prime every spherical of dough with a few teaspoon of the peanut butter filling centering them.
- Together with your fingers press down across the perimeter of the dough to make a bigger rim.
- Fold every spherical of dough in half, sealing the perimeters, then roll right into a ball.
- Roll in sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake till agency, about 12-14 minutes. Fastidiously press some chocolate chips on the floor of the cookies to garnish.
- Cool on baking sheets for five minutes, then switch cookies to wire racks to complete cooling.
Whole time doesn’t embrace chilling and cooling instances.
Don’t use common cocoa powered. Search for Dutch processed cocoa within the baking aisle.
Really useful Merchandise
As an Amazon Affiliate and member of different affiliate packages, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 313Whole Fats: 15gSaturated Fats: 6gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 27mgSodium: 107mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 27gProtein: 5g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com sometimes provides dietary data for recipes contained on this website. This data is offered as a courtesy and is an estimate solely. This data comes from on-line calculators. Though thatskinnychickcanbake.com makes an attempt to offer correct dietary data, these figures are solely estimates.
Various components resembling product varieties or manufacturers bought can change the dietary data in any given recipe. Additionally, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com advocate toppings, which can or is probably not listed as elective and dietary data for these added toppings shouldn’t be listed. Different components might change the dietary data resembling when the salt quantity is listed “to style,” it isn’t calculated into the recipe as the quantity will differ. Additionally, totally different on-line calculators can present totally different outcomes.
To acquire probably the most correct illustration of the dietary data in any given recipe, it’s best to calculate the dietary data with the precise components utilized in your recipe. You’re solely chargeable for making certain that any dietary data obtained is correct.