Peach phirni is a scrumptious creamy eggless pudding. Historically phirni is made with rice, milk and sugar. Including peach provides a beautiful creamy easy texture.
Recipe for 8
- 1/4 cup rice
- 3 cups of milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 15 oz can of unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon cardamom powder
- For garnishing:
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Few slices of canned peaches
- Few mint leaves
- Wash rice and soaks it for fifteen minutes or extra.
- Drain the water and mix rice to a nice texture, including simply sufficient milk as wanted to mix. Maintain apart.
- Drain the syrup from can peaches. Maintain 4 slices of peach apart for garnish.
- Puree the remaining peaches with corn starch. Maintain apart.
- Boil the milk on medium excessive warmth and let it simmer till milk reduces to about 2 cups. After milk involves boil it ought to take about 8 minutes.
- Take about 1/4 cup of scorching milk and blend it with rice paste.
- Add rice answer to the boiling milk slowly and hold stirring repeatedly, ensuring rice doesn’t turn into in lumps and milk doesn’t burn on the underside of the pen.
- Cook dinner till milk has lowered to about half in quantity and rice is cooked.
- Subsequent add the sugar and cardamom powder, prepare dinner for about 4 minutes on low medium warmth. Flip off the warmth.
- simply after turning off the warmth add the peach puree gently with cooked rice.
- Shift the phirni to the serving bowl and garnish with almond, and peach slices.
- Let it sit in fridge for few hours. Serve chill
There are such a lot of scrumptious variations to this dish! As a substitute of peaches attempt making this dish utilizing contemporary mango, guava, ardour fruit puree.
Initially posted 2010-08-09 02:14:45.