Mango chutney is a frivolously spiced, candy and bitter relish with a chunky texture that makes an ideal condiment.
- 2 uncooked inexperienced cooking mangos peeled and shredded (about 3 cups of shredded mango)
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella (onion seeds or kalonji)
- 4 complete dry pink chilies
- About 1 tablespoon thinly sliced ginger
- About 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Wash and dry the mangos. Peel the skins off and shred the fruit.
- Warmth oil in a sauce pan over medium warmth. Add nigella (kalonji) and complete pink chili, stir for few seconds.
- Add raisins and stir for a number of seconds. Then add remaining components shredded mango, sliced ginger, chili powder, salt and sugar. Combine properly.
- When the mango combine involves a boil, cowl the pot and switch the warmth right down to low medium.
- Cook dinner for ten minutes, till mangos are tender however not mushy.
- The completed Chutney has a stunning colour.
- Cool the chutney and retailer it in a glass jar.
- Refrigerated, the chutney will final for months.
You will need to get the suitable mangos for chutney. Cooking mangos are totally different from the mangos we eat. For finest outcomes, the mangos ought to be very agency. Slices ought to be white and bitter.
Initially posted 2010-04-23 19:42:56.