This publish could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. Please see my full disclosure for particulars.
Hello Daring Bakers!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE: These Wholesome Breakfast Muffins are fast to make, and Georgie accredited! The muffins are stuffed with taste, with the pure sweetness from bananas, and ideal for little fingers to seize and devour.
I’m all the time on the lookout for recipes that make my mornings with my baby simpler — and, after all, wholesome choices for breakfast! This breakfast muffin recipe is one I am going again to repeatedly as a result of our son, Georgie, loves them! They’re the right measurement for his lunchbox, and I’m glad that I can feed him one thing scrumptious and good for him (and for me!)
Our household loves the style of those muffins; they’re naturally sweetened with bananas and a contact of honey, and the Greek yogurt helps give the muffins a slight tang whereas additionally serving to to maintain them good and moist.
Plus, my Wholesome Breakfast Muffins recipe is full of wholesome elements that may preserve you and your little ones nourished for a very long time. These morning muffins are made with complete wheat flour and oat flour, that are full of fiber, which can preserve everybody full and glad till lunchtime. Bananas add vitamin C and potassium to the combo. Greek yogurt can also be an incredible different to different fat, like oil, and has excessive protein, making it an incredible addition.
I additionally like to make use of honey as an alternative of sugar, because it has a decrease glycemic index, which implies your blood sugar received’t be raised as shortly, and you may keep away from the dreaded sugar crash.
Give these muffins a do this week, and let me know what you assume!
Desk Of Contents
- Entire wheat flour: I take advantage of complete wheat flour for this recipe as a result of it’s a bit denser, which helps preserve you full for longer. Plus, whole-grain meals are an incredible wholesome selection!
- All-purpose flour: I additionally add a little bit of AP flour to those muffins; I discover it helps preserve the muffin a bit lighter.
- Oat flour: Oat flour is loads like complete wheat flour, however it provides a pleasant nutty style.
- Baking soda and baking powder: These are the rising brokers within the muffins.
- Salt: I have a tendency so as to add salt to all the pieces, even the sweetest of my desserts as a result of it helps carry out all the opposite flavors.
- Bananas: Bananas assist taste and sweeten these muffins. Plus, the pure moisture within the bananas helps to maintain your muffins moist.
- Greek yogurt: Greek yogurt helps add a slight tang to the muffins, which supplies them a pleasant, advanced taste and helps preserve the muffins moist. Plus, it’s chock stuffed with protein!
- Eggs: Eggs are what’s going to maintain your muffins collectively.
- Honey: I like to make use of a pure sweetener for recipes I wish to be wholesome, and honey is my regular go-to.
- Vanilla extract: A bit vanilla, like salt, helps carry out the opposite flavors of a recipe.
- Coconut oil: I choose to make use of coconut oil as an alternative of different fat as a result of it’s a tad more healthy and very good at holding issues moist!
- First, you will have to mix the dry elements (complete wheat flour, all-purpose flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt) in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas very properly with a fork after which add the moist elements (yogurt, honey, eggs, vanilla extract.)
- Mix the moist and dry elements till they only mix. Strive to not overmix!
- Then, drizzle within the melted coconut oil and blend till mixed.
- Divide the batter right into a 12-cup muffin pan lined with paper liners or parchment paper.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C.)
When making breakfast for our son, I attempt to make it as wholesome as potential (don’t fear about Georgie, he will get loads of treats on this home!)
I really like these muffins as a result of:
- They solely have 188 energy per muffin.
- They’re full of 5 grams of protein!
- They’re comparatively low-fat.
- They comprise loads of fiber.
Sure, you can also make muffins upfront. I really like making a batch of those muffins to be able to seize and go. I wish to make them on a Sunday, then have them saved in an hermetic container at room temperature for Monday and Tuesday.
However I believe one of the best ways to make muffins forward of time is to freeze them! As soon as the muffins are cooled, I pop them in an hermetic container or Ziploc bag and freeze them. After I’m able to pack Georgie’s lunch field, I defrost them within the microwave.
How do I do know when my muffins are cooked?
A great way to check in case your muffins are carried out baking is to insert a picket skewer into the middle of one of many muffins in the midst of the tray. If it comes out clear, it has completed baking. Since these muffins are likely to get dry in the event that they’re overcooked, strive testing them about 5 minutes earlier than the 17-18 minutes of bake time is up.
Why are my muffins caught to the paper liner?
Whereas not the tip of the world, typically your muffins could stick with the paper liners you employ in your cupcake tin. Ensure you let your muffins cool utterly earlier than you take away the paper.
Why are my muffins dry?
These muffins do are likely to dry out should you overbake them, however there could also be a couple of the reason why your muffins are dry. One motive may very well be that your oven temperature is just too excessive; each oven is totally different and typically what you set your oven to will not be the precise temperature.
One more reason is that you just baked the muffins for too lengthy. Be sure you begin testing for doneness 5 minutes earlier than the beneficial bake time.
You may have additionally overmixed the batter. It’s tempting to only preserve stirring, however cease as quickly as your elements are absolutely mixed!
- Make sure that your entire elements are at room temperature for the perfect outcomes.
- When baking with bananas, the riper the higher! I all the time throw overripe bananas in an hermetic container or bag into our freezer so I can defrost them and make these muffins at a second’s discover! Be sure you peel your bananas earlier than freezing them to make utilizing them even simpler.
- You’ll be able to add 1 cup (5 oz/142 g) of chopped, toasted nuts to the batter simply earlier than filling the muffin tin.
- Watch out to not overbake these muffins, as they’ll style a bit dry.
- Strive my Do-it-yourself Oat Flour!