This fast and straightforward Floor Turkey Skillet with candy potatoes, black beans, corn, and tomatoes is ideal for meal prep. So filling and flavorful!
Skillet Turkey, Candy Potatoes and Beans
This dairy-free, gluten-free winter skillet recipe is a variation of my summer season floor turkey skillet however with candy potatoes, and it has the proper mix of protein, carbs, and fats. Additionally much like these Candy Potato Black Bean Bowls, however faster and made in a single skillet. It’s versatile, so you may change up a number of the components relying on what you might have, and it reheats nicely, so leftovers are scrumptious. Some wholesome floor turkey recipes to strive are this Turkey Taco Skillet and Tacky Turkey Meatball Skillet.
Floor Turkey Skillet Elements
- Floor Turkey: Get 93% lean floor turkey.
- Onion: Chop 1 / 4 cup of a white, yellow, or pink onion.
- Tomato Paste: Sauté two tablespoons of tomato paste with the onion. Don’t know what to do with the leftover paste? Freeze it in ice dice trays to have readily available for future recipes.
- Candy Potatoes: Peel and cube two medium potatoes into half-inch items.
- Black Beans: Rinse and drain canned black beans.
- Corn: Use contemporary or frozen corn kernels.
- Tomato: Cube a big tomato.
- Jalapeño: Hold the seeds and ribs within the pepper for a spicier meal or take away them should you desire delicate dishes.
- Garlic: Mince one clove.
- Cilantro: Add contemporary cilantro to the skillet and garnish with extra. When you don’t like cilantro, omit it.
- Seasoning: Cumin, salt
- Hen Broth: Be at liberty to sub vegetable broth if that’s what you might have.
- Garnishes: Serve with lime wedges and sliced avocado.
Tips on how to Make This Floor Turkey Skillet
- Turkey: Brown the turkey in a big skillet set on excessive warmth and season it with salt and cumin.
- Onions: After about 5 minutes, push the meat to the aspect and cook dinner the onions and tomato paste for a minute.
- Remaining Elements: Add the candy potatoes, beans, corn, tomato, jalapeño, garlic, and cilantro, stir within the broth, and season it with the remainder of the salt and cumin.
- Simmer: Cowl the skillet and cook dinner on low for 12 to 14 minutes or till the potatoes are tender. Serve the turkey combination with lime wedges, extra cilantro, and avocado.
Tips on how to Meal Prep Turkey Skillet
This straightforward turkey skillet dinner is great for meal prep. You’ll be able to cube the onion, candy potato, jalapeño, and cilantro upfront, so many of the prep work is completed once you’re able to cook dinner. The leftovers are nice for meals all through the week. They’ll final for 4 days within the fridge and reheat nicely within the microwave. You too can freeze the turkey combination for as much as three months.
- Protein: Swap turkey with lean floor sirloin.
- Tomatoes: Use canned diced tomatoes should you don’t have contemporary.
- Greens: Add spinach or bell pepper for additional veggies.
- Make It Spicy: Prime your bowl with sizzling sauce for an additional kick.
- Cheese: Sprinkle shredded cheddar on prime.
Extra Floor Turkey Recipes You’ll Love:
Your feedback are useful! When you’ve tried this wholesome Floor Turkey Skillet recipe or some other on Skinnytaste, don’t overlook to fee the recipe and depart me a remark beneath. And should you took a photograph of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can reshare it on my Tales!
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 1/2 cups
Spray a big skillet over excessive warmth with oil and brown the turkey, season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon cumin.
Prepare dinner breaking the meat up till the turkey is cooked by, about 5 minutes.
Push the meat to the aspect, spray the opposite aspect with oil and add the onion and tomato paste and cook dinner 1 minute.
Add the candy potato, black beans, corn, tomato, jalapeño pepper, garlic, cilantro and stir with the rooster broth.
Add the 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to style and the cumin.
Combine and canopy, cook dinner low 12 to 14 minutes or till the candy potato is tender.
Serve with lime wedges and extra cilantro.
Please depart a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/2 cups, Energy: 394 kcal, Carbohydrates: 41 g, Protein: 28 g, Fats: 14.5 g, Saturated Fats: 3 g, Ldl cholesterol: 84 mg, Sodium: 635 mg, Fiber: 10 g, Sugar: 7.5 g