Disclosure: This submit could comprise affiliate hyperlinks. I could earn a small fee for my endorsement, advice, testimonial, and/or hyperlink to any services or products from this web site.
These Sheet Pan Veggies & Chickpeas are tossed in a fast and simple dijon garlic marinade, then roasted till crispy. Serve over nourishing greens for a healthful sheet pan dinner. Gluten-free, Grain-free, Nut-free.
Dijon Garlic Sheet Pan Veggies & Chickpeas is the fuss-free weeknight dinner you’ve been trying to find! It’s loaded with healthful veggies, hearty potatoes and chickpeas, then served over tender greens. All you want is 9 easy substances and your favourite baking sheet to make this flavor-packed veggie bowls.
Desk of Contents
All About these Scrumptious and Nutritious Veggie Bowls
I’ve been on a sheet pan meal kick for some time now – they’re fast, straightforward to customise and a good way to get in just a few servings of veggies for dinner. After I can have a wholesome vegan dinner prepped and roasting in only a matter of minutes, I’m a cheerful camper!
To not point out these sheet pan veggies and chickpeas are tossed in an unbelievably flavorful dijon garlic marinade. Significantly – don’t be stunned if you end up consuming this one straight off the sheet pan on the kitchen counter.
What You Want for Sheet Pan Veggies
Making these sheet pan veggies at house requires simply 4 elements:
- Marinade: You guys know dijon garlic is one in every of my completely favourite taste mixtures and it doesn’t disappoint right here! All you’ll want is olive oil, dijon, garlic, and salt and pepper.
- Veggies: I used fingerling potatoes, bell pepper, and carrots. The sky is admittedly the restrict right here, so change it up and use your favourite.
- Chickpeas: A bit of plant-based protein turns this sheet pan meal from a aspect dish right into a meal!
- Salad: You’ll want a mattress to serve your roasted veggies and chickpeas on! So as to preserve it mild and nutritious, I like to recommend a easy kale salad tossed in extra dijon dressing to tie all of it collectively.
How one can Make Sheet Pan Veggies & Chickpeas
- Coat the potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper within the dijon garlic marinade.
- Unfold the veggies on ⅔ of a big sheet pan.
- Add the chickpeas to the identical veggie bowl and combine to coat within the remaining dijon garlic marinade. Unfold throughout the remaining ⅓ of the sheet pan.
- Roast till golden and crispy.
- Whereas it bakes, make the kale salad. Whisk the oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Therapeutic massage the kale within the dressing till it’s shiny and shrinks in dimension.
- Serve the nice and cozy sheet pan veggies and chickpeas over the kale with desired garnishes. Get pleasure from!
Caitlin’s Cooking Suggestions
- Pat the chickpeas dry earlier than marinating and roasting. If they’re too moist when going into the oven, they won’t turn out to be practically as crispy and scrumptious. For finest outcomes, rinse the chickpeas completely beneath cool water, then switch to a clear tea towel and pat dry.
- Verify that your dijon mustard is vegan. It could come as a shock that not all dijon mustard is vegan-friendly. Like typical sugars, the substances dijon mustard is made with are usually vegan, however the filtering course of isn’t. Dijon mustard typically undergoes filtering processes that comprise animal by-products. To verify yours is vegan, double test the model on-line. The favored model, Gray Poupon has confirmed that their mustards are vegan-friendly.
Not like many sheet pan veggie recipes on the Web, these sheet pan greens are made with protein-packed chickpeas and hearty potatoes to make a filling sheet pan meal. Garnish with contemporary parsley for a easy weeknight nourish bowl. Or, if desired, serve with a easy aspect reminiscent of Rosemary Garlic Tofu, Lemon Pepper Orzo or Instantaneous Pot Garlic Rice.
For those who’re in search of simpler sheet pan recipes, you’ll additionally love this Vegan Sheet Pan Fajitas, Sheet Pan Za’atar Chickpeas with Candy Potatoes and this Sheet Pan Vegan BBQ with Roasted Greens!
How one can Retailer Sheet Pan Veggies
Leftover sheet pan veggie bowls are finest served scorching and crispy, however will preserve for as much as 3 days within the fridge. Freezing leftovers isn’t beneficial.
In case you are planning to make these bowls for meal prep, retailer the kale salad and veggie combination individually. For finest outcomes, therapeutic massage the kale with the oil, dijon, lemon juice and salt and pepper proper earlier than consuming. This may forestall it from turning into soggy.
Use the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer to reheat the veggies and chickpeas. Microwaving them will make them smooth and soggy and isn’t best.
Substitutions and Variations
- Potato choices: I used fingerling potatoes, however any potatoes will work. Yukon gold or candy potatoes can be nice right here. In case you are utilizing a big potato, lower them into quarters or wedges to be bite-sized.
- Vegetable choices: Actually any veggies you’d like can be nice right here. Use this sheet pan veggies recipe as a possibility to wash out the fridge. For instance, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, tomatoes, or inexperienced beans would all be nice.
- Kale substitutions: For those who don’t like kale or just don’t have any available, substitute one other inexperienced reminiscent of Swiss chard, collard greens, mustard greens, arugula, even spinach. One other nice alternative to make use of up what’s rising in your house backyard or stocked within the fridge.
So as to get an excellent roast in your veggies and chickpeas, it is very important use the next oven temperature. The candy spot for my oven is 415 F (210 C), but when your oven tends to run on the cool aspect, be happy to extend it to 430 F (220 C).
If the temperature is just too low, the veggies will steam as an alternative of roast, leading to soggy, not crispy, veggies. Or, if the veggies or chickpeas have been moist earlier than tossing within the marinade, this could additionally trigger them to be soggy. Pat them dry earlier than tossing and roasting for finest outcomes.
I personally haven’t examined it, however I’m positive it will work simply fantastic! You would want to make a smaller recipe or cook dinner in batches – begin with quarter-hour or so and modify as wanted.
I didn’t discover it to be vital, but when the greens on the bottom of the baking sheet look like getting extra coloration, be happy to rotate the pan midway by way of for even cooking.
Get pleasure from! For those who make this recipe and determine to share it on Fb or Instagram, don’t neglect to tag me @FromMyBowl + #FromMyBowl! I might additionally find it irresistible if you happen to may go away a remark beneath with a recipe score! Thanks for the assist 😊
For the Sheet Pan Greens:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound gold or fingerling potatoes lower in half*
- 1 crimson bell pepper diced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas rinsed and patted dry
- Chopped parsley for serving!
For the Salad:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1/2 lemon 1-2 tablespoons
- Salt and black pepper to style
- 1 bunch kale de-stemmed and chopped
Prep: Preheat the oven to 415 F and set a baking tray apart.
Make the Marinade: Whisk the oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper collectively in a big bowl. Add the potatoes, bell pepper, and carrots to the bowl, then use a spatula to combine till they’re evenly coated. Not all the marinade can be absorbed, however that’s okay! Switch the greens to the baking sheet and unfold evenly throughout 2/3 of the sheet. Put aside.
Chickpeas: Add the chickpeas to the identical veggie bowl and blend properly, till they’re coated within the remaining marinade. Unfold evenly throughout the remaining 1/3 of the baking sheet.
Roast: Bake within the prime rack of the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring after quarter-hour, till the potatoes are golden and crispy. (Observe: preserve the chickpeas individually from the opposite greens so that they get crispy)
Kale Salad: Use the identical bowl because the greens; add the oil, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk properly. Add the chopped kale to the bowl and use clear arms to therapeutic massage the dressing into the kale for 60 to 90 seconds, till the kale shrinks in dimension and seems shiny. Put aside.
Serve & Retailer: Divide the kale amongst serving bowls and prime with roasted greens and chickpeas. Sprinkle with parsley, then serve heat. Leftovers will preserve within the fridge for as much as 3 days. I like to recommend reheating them in an oven, toaster oven, or air-fryer – the microwave will make them soggy.
- Potatoes: Fingerling potatoes are fairly skinny so I like to chop them in half. In case you are utilizing a spherical or giant potato, it’s possible you’ll wish to lower them into quarters or wedges to be bite-sized.
Energy: 427kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 13gFats: 18gSaturated Fats: 2gPolyunsaturated Fats: 3gMonounsaturated Fats: 11gSodium: 612mgPotassium: 1229mgFiber: 14gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 13365IUVitamin C: 103mgCalcium: 155mgIron: 4mg