If there’s an inventory of probably the most misunderstood veggies, Brussels sprouts are doubtless on the high. However when accomplished proper (roasted till crispy), they’re downright drool-worthy! And when tossed with crunchy nuts, candy honey, and savory dukkah seasoning (like at Aba in Austin)? Subsequent stage!
This 7-ingredient crowd-pleasing facet comes collectively in simply half-hour and is worthy of impressing dinner friends or serving on the vacation desk. Allow us to present you the way it’s accomplished!
This recipe begins with roasted Brussels sprouts. However not simply any Brussels sprouts…crispy Brussels sprouts! And we now have a couple of ideas to make sure success.
Suggestions for Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Keep away from overcrowding the pan – area between the Brussels sprouts permits them to roast as an alternative of steaming.
- Excessive warmth (450 F / 232 C) – a excessive temperature ensures the Brussels sprouts brown earlier than they soften an excessive amount of. No soggy Brussels sprouts right here.
- Dry them off – After washing the sprouts, be certain that to dry them utterly to encourage browning.
- Organize lower facet down – inserting the flat facet of the Brussels sprouts instantly on the baking sheet maximizes their contact with the recent floor, which creates browning.
- Prepare dinner instantly on the baking sheet – for a similar cause as above, it’s finest to prepare dinner them instantly on the baking sheet as an alternative of utilizing parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Whereas the Brussels sprouts are roasting, there’s time to arrange your toppings. Toast the almonds in a skillet and chop a pair medjool dates.
The time it takes for the Brussels sprouts to melt will depend upon their dimension, however after about quarter-hour, they’ll be tender with caramelized, crispy edges. Anybody else dive straight for the crispy edges!?
You would cease there, nevertheless it will get even higher. After tossing the roasted Brussels sprouts with candy honey and dates, crunchy toasted almonds, and smoky Dukkah seasoning, a restaurant-worthy facet dish awaits!
We hope you LOVE these roasted Brussels sprouts! They’re:
Fast & straightforward
& SO scrumptious!
Pair them along with your favourite grain and protein for a easy, satisfying meal. They’d even be wonderful with our Simple 5-Minute Microwave Hummus (sprinkled with dukkah seasoning) or alongside our Kale Falafel Hummus Wraps.
Extra Scrumptious Brussels Sprouts Recipes
In case you do that recipe, tell us! Go away a remark, charge it, and don’t overlook to tag a photograph @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, pals!
Servings 4 (~1 cup servings)
ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil (or different impartial, excessive warmth oil*)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp honey (uncooked, native if potential // if vegan, sub maple syrup)
- 1 tsp olive oil (optionally available // for richness)
- 3 Tbsp Tremendous Easy Dukkah Seasoning (or store-bought)
- 2 pitted medjool dates, finely chopped (2 pitted chopped dates yield ~1/4 cup or 40 g)
Preheat the oven to 450 levels F (232 C) and set out a big baking sheet.
Add trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts (be certain that to dry them off in the event that they’re moist) to the naked baking sheet with avocado oil and toss to coat. Then add salt and toss once more to evenly distribute. Organize sprouts in a single layer lower facet down. You need just a little area between the sprouts to encourage crispiness — use extra baking sheets as wanted.
Roast for 13-18 minutes (relying on the scale of your sprouts), till they’re fork tender with crispy brown edges.
Whereas the sprouts are roasting, toast the almonds. Warmth a small-medium skillet over medium warmth. Add the almonds and toast for 4-5 minutes, stirring continuously, till flippantly browned. Watch carefully and watch out to not burn. Then take away from the pan and put aside.
When the Brussels sprouts are accomplished roasting, switch them to a mixing bowl and toss with honey and olive oil (optionally available) to coat. Then add the toasted almonds, dukkah, and chopped dates (break up any which can be clumped collectively) and stir to mix.
Style and regulate as wanted, including extra dukkah for saltiness and smokiness, salt to style, or honey or dates for sweetness.
Greatest served heat and contemporary. Leftovers will maintain in a sealed container within the fridge for 2-3 days. Reheat with just a little oil in a skillet till warmed. Not freezer pleasant.
*In case you would favor to bake at a decrease temperature or use parchment paper, you may bake at 425 F (218 C) for 18-22 minutes, however the sprouts gained’t get as crispy.
*Impressed by Aba Restaurant and loosely tailored from The New York Instances.
*Diet data is a tough estimate calculated with out optionally available components.
Serving: 1 serving Energy: 196 Carbohydrates: 24.9 g Protein: 6.5 g Fats: 9.8 g Saturated Fats: 1 g Polyunsaturated Fats: 1.4 g Monounsaturated Fats: 3.3 g Trans Fats: 0 g Ldl cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 288 mg Potassium: 570 mg Fiber: 5.9 g Sugar: 15.2 g Vitamin A: 884 IU Vitamin C: 96 mg Calcium: 71 mg Iron: 2.5 mg