Buttery and wealthy, these Cranberry-Orange Crescent Rolls are studded with dried sweetened cranberries, orange zest, and a contact of vanilla and baked to golden perfection. Whether or not you serve them alongside one thing candy or savory, this recipe makes a batch sufficiently big to share all the vacation cheer.
Cranberry-Orange Crescent Rolls
- 4¼ to 4½ cups (531 to 562 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 (0.25-ounce) packages (14 grams) on the spot yeast*
- 3½ teaspoons (10.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ cup (180 grams) entire milk
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 grams) water
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (63 grams) clover honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons (5 grams) tightly packed orange zest
- ¾ cup (112 grams) calmly packed dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- 1 massive egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 massive egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (56 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Within the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk collectively 1 cup (125 grams) fl our, yeast, and salt by hand.
- In a small saucepan, warmth milk, butter, ¼ cup (60 grams) water, sugar, 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey, and orange zest over medium-low warmth till an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add heat milk combination to flour combination, and beat at medium-low pace simply till mixed, 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add cranberries, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla; beat at low pace till mixed. With mixer on low pace, progressively add 3¼ cups (406 grams) flour, beating till mixed.
- Swap to the dough hook attachment. Beat at low pace till a smooth, considerably sticky, and elastic dough types, 6 to 9 minutes; add as much as remaining ¼ cup (31 grams) fl our, 1 tablespoon (8 grams) at a time, if dough is simply too sticky. (Dough should follow sides and backside of bowl however ought to cross the windowpane take a look at; see Notes.) Prove dough onto a calmly floured floor, and form right into a ball.
- Spray a big bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease prime. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Punch down dough; cowl and let stand for 10 minutes or refrigerate in a single day. (If refrigerating in a single day, punch down dough a further 1 to 2 occasions throughout first hour of refrigeration.) On a calmly floured floor, divide dough in half (about 580 grams every). Gently form every half right into a spherical; cowl and let stand for quarter-hour. Roll half of dough right into a 14-inch circle. (Preserve remaining dough lined to forestall it from drying out.) Utilizing a pastry wheel, lower dough into 12 equal triangles. Place dough triangles with smoothest aspect down; ranging from the bottom of every triangle, roll up dough, urgent pointed ends into rolls to seal. Place rolls, pointed finish securely tucked underneath, 1½ to 2 inches aside on ready pans. Repeat process with remaining half of dough. Cowl and let rise in a heat, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) till doubled in measurement, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Reserve 2 tablespoons (28 grams) melted butter. Brush rolls with remaining 2 tablespoons (28 grams) melted butter.
- Bake, one batch at a time, till golden brown, 10 to 14 minutes, rotating pans midway by baking.
- In a small bowl, whisk collectively reserved 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter and remaining 1 tablespoon (21 grams) honey. Brush rolls with honey butter. Let cool on pans for not less than half-hour earlier than serving. Finest loved identical day however may be saved in a considerably hermetic container at room temperature for as much as 2 days.
Be aware: To make use of the windowpane take a look at to test dough for correct gluten improvement, calmly flour palms and pinch off (don’t tear) a small piece of dough. Slowly pull the dough out from the middle. If the dough is prepared, it is possible for you to to stretch it till it’s skinny and translucent like a windowpane. If the dough tears, it’s not fairly prepared. Beat for 1 minute, and take a look at once more.
Make certain the pointed ends are considerably and securely tucked underneath your crescent rolls earlier than the second rise and bake for greatest form!