Bitter cream mashed potatoes are a tangy twist on our favort mashed potatoes recipe!
Buttery potatoes are mashed till easy with bitter cream, butter, and seasonings. They’re so wealthy and velvety easy with a lot taste.
Maintain this recipe shut; everybody will ask for them many times.
Straightforward & Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Easy elements with nice taste!
- Bitter cream provides further tang to buttery mashed potatoes.
- They are often ready a few days forward and reheated proper earlier than serving. Really easy!
- No vacation is full with out home made mashed potatoes. They’re a hearty aspect that goes with any essential dish protein and they are often saved heat for hours in a Crock Pot!
- Make it right into a crowd-pleasing mashed potato casserole and share at a potluck! Unfold the completed recipe in a casserole dish and canopy with cheddar cheese and bacon bits and place them below the broiler till the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Components for Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes
Potatoes – Use Yukon Gold or starchy potatoes like Russets or Idahoans. Peel them for a fluffier texture or maintain the peels on for a country look. Pink potatoes are much less starchy however will work.
Bitter Cream – Bitter cream offers these mashed potatoes a easy and barely tart taste. Greek yogurt may be substituted for bitter cream for fewer fat and energy.
The way to Make Mashed Potatoes with Bitter Cream
- Prepare dinner the minimize potatoes and garlic in salted water (per the recipe under). Drain properly.
- Place the potatoes again within the pot and mash them with butter.
- Add the bitter cream and mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in chives and season earlier than serving sizzling.
Ideas for the Finest Mashed Potatoes
- Minimize potatoes into equal items so that they cook dinner on the identical fee. As soon as potatoes are cooked, pour them right into a colander and allow them to drain for about 5 minutes, this ensures they keep gentle and fluffy.
- Go away skins on for a country look or take away them for a smoother outcome.
- Hand mashers or potato ricers are superior for creating the fluffiest potatoes, electrical mixers will break down the starches and would possibly make them gummy.
Maintain leftover bitter cream mashed potatoes coated within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat on the stovetop with a bit milk or cream to loosen them up.
Freeze parts in zippered luggage for as much as 4 weeks.
Leftover Mashed Potatoes?
Did you make these Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes? Be sure you depart a ranking and a remark under!
Bitter Cream Mashed Potatoes
Creamy and tangy mashed potatoes with butter, garlic, and bitter cream!
Peel the potatoes if desired *see word.
Quarter the potatoes, place in a pot of chilly salted water with the garlic. Convey to a boil, cut back warmth to a simmer and cook dinner uncovered quarter-hour. Drain very properly.
Add the melted butter to the potatoes and mash with a hand masher. Add bitter cream and proceed mashing to succeed in desired consistency. Stir in chives and season with salt and pepper. Serve sizzling.
*For a smoother mashed potato, peel the potatoes both earlier than or after boiling.
Yukon gold potatoes have a skinny pores and skin and may be left on for a extra rustic dish. If utilizing russet potatoes, they need to be peeled.
Don’t fear an excessive amount of concerning the measurement of the chopped garlic, it’s going to cook dinner sufficient to taste the potatoes and mash together with them.
Use a hand masher, these may be mashed easy or left a bit bit chunky for a “smashed potatoes” recipe.
Drain the potatoes properly for the perfect consistency.
To Make Forward
Observe the recipe under and permit the bitter cream potatoes to chill fully. As soon as cooled, retailer in an air-tight container within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Warmth within the oven or microwave.
Energy: 741 | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 13g | Fats: 40g | Saturated Fats: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 10g | Trans Fats: 0.5g | Ldl cholesterol: 115mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 2109mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1325IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 210mg | Iron: 4mg
Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photograph use coverage right here.