You’ll love these wholesome and naturally gluten-free, egg-free banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies. They arrive collectively in simply 1 bowl with solely 8 components together with oats, mashed bananas, and almond butter. Sweetened with maple syrup with no dough chilling obligatory, these are a simple, healthful, and fast breakfast or anytime deal with!
Like my traditional breakfast cookies, at this time’s variation are chewy, dense, and satisfying; and so they make a beautiful grab-and-go breakfast or anytime snack you possibly can be ok with. This banana model is even less complicated to make, with fewer components.
In the event you get pleasure from more healthy goodies like these chocolate banana muffins and peanut butter banana chocolate chip oatmeal bars, you’ll love these banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies!
These Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies Are:
- An “anytime” more healthy cookie
- Made in simply 1 bowl
- Naturally vegan if utilizing dairy-free chocolate chips
- Naturally gluten free (if utilizing licensed GF oats)
- An egg-free baking recipe
- Sweetened with maple syrup and bananas
- Hearty, healthful, & satisfying
- Cherished by children and adults alike
- An excuse to have chocolate chip cookies for breakfast 😉
8 Elements & Attainable Substitutions
- Oats: Use both sort of oats—fast or complete. Over time I’ve discovered that there’s no distinction within the consequence. If you’re gluten illiberal, ensure you are utilizing licensed gluten-free oats.
- Salt: Taste enhancer.
- Cinnamon: A key ingredient in most oatmeal cookies, like chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
- Almond Butter: Use the grainy, drippy, pure type. A check batch with a extra processed almond butter was not tasty. As an alternative of almond butter, strive peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter for a naturally nut-free possibility. I really like utilizing this do-it-yourself almond butter.
- Coconut Oil: Simply 1/4 cup actually improves the feel in these breakfast cookies. Search for one which’s labeled “virgin” or “unrefined.”
- Pure Maple Syrup: Attempt to use the actual stuff, not “breakfast syrup.” You should use honey as an alternative of maple syrup, maintaining in thoughts these cookies would not be vegan. Or strive date syrup.
- Bananas: Bananas add sweetness, so make certain they’re tremendous ripe. See beneath about utilizing frozen bananas.
- Chocolate Chips: To maintain these cookies vegan, ensure you use dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips. I like semisweet or darkish chocolate chips in these, however you possibly can swap the chips for chocolate chunks, raisins, dried cranberries or blueberries, or a combination! In the event you’d wish to get slightly nutty, stir in some chopped pecans or walnuts.
Combine Collectively in 1 Bowl & Bake
There are hardly any directions to offer you—simply throw every thing collectively in a bowl and blend. It’s that straightforward. I take advantage of an electrical mixer, which is how I sometimes mash bananas for banana bread, however be at liberty to make use of good ol’ original arm muscle as an alternative. Anticipate a thick and sticky dough.
Scoop 1/4 cup of dough per cookie. Organize on 2 lined baking sheets. This recipe yields 12 giant cookies, so place 6 mounds of dough on every.
Barely flatten the tops of every cookie. Utilizing the again of a spoon, barely flatten the tops to make giant discs as an alternative of tall mounds. The cookies gained’t unfold, so this helps give them some form. Bake the cookies till the sides are evenly browned.
The cooled cookies must be refrigerated, for finest style and texture. I truly love them straight out of the fridge—they virtually style a bit fudgy!
FAQ: Can I Use Frozen Bananas?
Sure, frozen and thawed bananas work on this recipe and you may learn extra about The way to Freeze & Thaw Bananas for Baking in case you’d like.
Two vital issues to recollect:
- The riper the banana, the higher. Once you bake with bananas, you wish to use brown, spotty, super-ripe ones.
- Pressure off extra liquid. As bananas thaw, they let loose a whole lot of liquid, which might throw off the moist components in any baking recipe. I all the time suggest draining off most or all of that extra liquid earlier than mashing and measuring them in your recipe.
FAQ: Can I Freeze These Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies?
Whereas referred to as breakfast cookies, they’re nice all day, day-after-day. I really like them as a day snack, for breakfast on the go, or as a more healthy dessert. Every batch yields about 12 cookies, and typically I make a double batch to maintain extras within the freezer for fast do-it-yourself snack choices.
Different More healthy Baking Recipes
These are banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies made with healthful, wholesome components. Use licensed gluten-free oats to make them gluten free, and/or use dairy-free chocolate chips to make them vegan.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line 2 giant baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Put aside.
- Place all the components in a big bowl. (I often mash the bananas in a big bowl, after which add the remaining components.) Stir every thing collectively till totally mixed, or use a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment to beat. The dough is thick and heavy.
- Utilizing a 1/4 cup measuring cup, portion 1/4-cup mounds of cookie dough (about 70g every) onto ready cookie sheet. Use the again of a spoon to barely flatten out right into a cookie form. (The cookies won’t unfold within the oven.)
- Bake for 17–20 minutes or till the sides are evenly browned. Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to chill fully.
- Cowl leftover cookies and retailer at room temperature for as much as 2 days or within the fridge for as much as 10 days. Cookies get further tender in storage, and style finest proper out of the fridge.
- Freezing Directions: Cooled cookies could be frozen as much as 3 months. Thaw on the counter or within the fridge. Deliver to room temperature or heat within the microwave for a number of seconds earlier than serving.
- Particular Instruments (affiliate hyperlinks): Electrical Mixer (Stand Mixer or Handheld) | Glass Mixing Bowls | Baking Sheets | Silicone Baking Mats or Parchment Sheets
- Frozen Bananas: You should use thawed frozen bananas on this recipe. Thawed bananas are further moist, so drain off as a lot of the surplus liquid as you possibly can earlier than mashing. See The way to Freeze & Thaw Bananas for Baking.
- 2023 Replace: This recipe used to name for 1 cup (250g) almond butter and no coconut oil. They have been very dense, very heavy, and there was virtually an excessive amount of sticky almond butter. Exchange 1/4 cup of it with coconut oil, and also you’ll have a significantly better texture. The recipe above displays this slight change.
- Almond Butter: Use the grainy, drippy, pure type. A check batch with a extra processed almond butter was dense, heavy, and exhausting to chew. As an alternative of almond butter, strive pure peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter for a naturally nut-free possibility.
- Double Batch: The recipe can simply be doubled to make an even bigger batch.
- Gluten Free & Vegan: Use licensed gluten-free oats to make them gluten free, and/or use dairy-free chocolate chips to make them vegan.
Key phrases: banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies
Baking Made Simple
Are you new to this web site? This e mail sequence is a good place to begin. I’ll stroll you thru a number of of my hottest recipes and present you precisely why they work.