Apple Slaw- a easy slaw made with cabbage, apples, chickpeas, celery, pepitas, dried cranberries, and a creamy tahini dressing. The slaw is crispy, crunchy, candy and an ideal facet dish to any meal.
I’m usually not an enormous lover of coleslaw, however this Apple Slaw is my absolute FAVORITE. It’s gentle, recent, and the flavors and textures are SO good.
The slaw is made with cabbage, apples, chickpeas, celery, pepitas, dried cranberries, and a creamy tahini dressing. It’s crispy, crunchy, candy, and satisfying. It has a bit little bit of all the things occurring and you may be hooked after one chunk.
The slaw is nice year-round, however I particularly love this slaw in the course of the fall months. Serve it alongside facet your favourite cozy soup, with pasta, hen, hen pot pie, fish, or get pleasure from it for lunch.
- Cabbage– I exploit a mixture of inexperienced and pink (purple) cabbage.
- Chickpeas– I like including chickpeas for protein.
- Apple– I like to make use of Honey crisp, you need to use your favourite apple. Lower the apple into skinny strips.
- Inexperienced onions– they aren’t too sturdy and add a pleasant taste.
- Celery– for a pleasant crunch!
- Pepitas– pepitas are shell-less pumpkin seeds and are a very good supply of magnesium, Vitamin Okay, protein, and wholesome fat. I like them!!
- Dried cranberries– non-compulsory, however add a pleasant sweetness.
- Parsley– so recent!
- Tahini Dressing– it’s SO good!
- Lemon juice– I like ending the salad with a squeeze of recent lemon juice.
I exploit my favourite tahini dressing to decorate the slaw. It’s SO good and really straightforward to make, you solely want 5 elements.
- tahini paste
- recent lemon juice
- maple syrup
You should purchase tahini paste at most grocery shops. Search for it within the aisle with peanut butter or within the aisle with worldwide meals. It’s also possible to discover it at a specialty or Center Japanese grocery shops. You possibly can retailer tahini paste at room temperature, however for those who don’t use it that usually, preserve it within the fridge as a result of it could possibly go rancid.
The dressing solely takes a couple of minutes to whisk collectively and compliments the slaw completely! The complete recipe is HERE.
How one can Make Apple Slaw
- In a big bowl, mix the cabbage, chickpeas, apple, inexperienced onion, celery, pepitas, cranberries (if utilizing), and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
- Pour the tahini dressing over the slaw. Use tongs to toss till the slaw is evenly coated with the dressing.
- Squeeze a bit recent lemon juice excessive and revel in!
Be at liberty to mess around with this recipe!
- Use almonds, pecans, walnuts, or sunflower seeds as a substitute of pepitas.
- Add feta cheese, goat cheese, blue cheese, or white cheddar cheese.
- Add shredded cooked hen.
- Use golden raisins or dried cherries as a substitute of dried cranberries.
- Stir in some poppy seeds.
- Add extra herbs. Chives, mint, and basil would all be good.
- And for those who don’t look after cabbage, you need to use shaved Brussels sprouts or finely chopped kale.
You possibly can get pleasure from this slaw with any meal. I like making it in the course of the fall months when apples are in season. The flavors are so good!
I additionally love making this apple slaw for a light-weight lunch. It’s satisfying and so scrumptious.
Listed below are some dishes that pair effectively with this slaw.
How one can Retailer
The slaw is finest the day it’s made, however you probably have leftovers, retailer them in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
You can also make the tahini dressing upfront and preserve it within the fridge for as much as one week.
Extra Simple Aspect Dishes
Extra Apple Recipes
Easy slaw made with cabbage, apples, chickpeas, celery, pepitas, dried cranberries, and a creamy tahini dressing. The slaw is crispy, crunchy, candy and an ideal facet dish to any meal.
- 3 cups shredded inexperienced cabbage
- 1 cup shredded pink cabbage
- 15 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 massive apple, cored and lower into skinny strips
- 3 inexperienced onions, sliced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, non-compulsory
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Tahini Dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Squeeze of recent lemon juice, for serving
In a big bowl, mix the cabbage, chickpeas, apple, inexperienced onion, celery, pepitas, cranberries (if utilizing), and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to style.
Make the tahini dressing and pour it over the slaw. Use tongs to toss till the slaw is evenly coated with the dressing.
Squeeze a bit recent lemon juice excessive and revel in!
Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 2 days.
Energy: 267kcal, Carbohydrates: 48g, Protein: 12g, Fats: 7g, Saturated Fats: 1g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g, Monounsaturated Fats: 1g, Sodium: 27mg, Potassium: 576mg, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 18g, Vitamin A: 616IU, Vitamin C: 40mg, Calcium: 98mg, Iron: 4mg
Have you ever tried this recipe?
Go away a remark beneath and share a photograph on Instagram. Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod