This web site might include affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we are able to present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Air fryer potato skins are a fast and simple appetizer or aspect dish that everybody will love! Leftover baked potatoes flip into crispy and tender potato skins loaded with cheese, bacon crumbles, bitter cream, and inexperienced onions.
This selfmade potato pores and skin recipe makes the proper appetizer for recreation day. They style identical to TGI Fridays however higher as a result of they’re straightforward sufficient to prepare dinner in your air fryer. Just a few extra of my go-to appetizers are jalapeño poppers, these little smokies, and simple air fryer egg rolls.
Air Fryer Potato Skins
I can’t wait so that you can style these superb potato skins. The crispy exterior provides a pleasant shell that’s simply handheld for dipping or tender sufficient to chop via with a fork. So tasty and scrumptious, these air fryer potato skins will disappear as rapidly as you make them!
Air fryer recipes make life a lot simpler. In the event you don’t have one, I extremely suggest you get one. I didn’t assume I wanted one, and now it’s my most used kitchen equipment. A few of my favourite air fryer recipes are this rooster, this good steak, and these roasted potatoes.
Elements For Potato Skins
Russet potatoes are recognized to be thicker and maintain collectively one of the best for these potato skins. They’re stronger potatoes to chop and hole out. Stuff your potato with all the products and air fry till perfection! See the recipe card on the backside of the publish for precise measurements.
- Potatoes: Russet potatoes are one of the best as a result of they’re an ideal dimension.
- Olive Oil: This coats the skins of the potatoes and creates a crispy exterior.
- Salt and Pepper: Add the salt and pepper in to style!
- Cheese: Sprinkle over prime of the baked potato. Colby Jack is my favourite cheese however be at liberty to make use of cheddar cheese.
- Bacon: Prepare dinner and crumble items on prime.
- Inexperienced Onions: Chop and add some to the highest for added taste.
- Bitter Cream: Nice for dipping or placing a dollop in your potato skins. Ranch dressing is scrumptious too!
Making Air Fryer Potato Skins
This appetizer or aspect dish is without doubt one of the greatest and best recipes to make for a fast dish to serve. Reduce and punctiliously hole out every potato pores and skin. This recipe is nice even for doubling. You’ll simply need to prepare dinner them in batches.
- Put together Potatoes: Reduce the potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to fastidiously scoop out the flesh from the within, leaving a 1⁄4-inch “rim”.
- Brush With Oil: Brush the potatoes with olive oil, then season with salt.
- Place in Air Fryer: Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket with the lower aspect up.
- Prepare dinner: Prepare dinner within the air fryer at 375° Fahrenheit for six minutes or till golden and smooth.
- Add Cheese and Proceed to Prepare dinner: Open the basket and sprinkle the cheese evenly inside every potato pores and skin. Proceed to prepare dinner for six extra minutes, or till the cheese is melted.
- Garnish Potato Skins: Take away the skins from the basket and fill them with bitter cream, bacon, and sliced inexperienced onions.
- Take pleasure in: Serve heat as the proper aspect dish, appetizer, or game-day meals!
Ideas For Excellent Potato Skins
Listed below are some fast and simple methods to make crispy air fryer potato skins. These will grow to be one of the best appetizer or aspect dish you make! My youngsters at all times ask me to make these, and I don’t thoughts as a result of they’re my favourite too!
- Dimension of Potatoes: It’s best to decide on massive potatoes and russets if attainable. These would be the strongest and maintain up greatest when baked.
- Cool: Let the potatoes cool fully earlier than reducing into them. They may disintegrate if they’re lower too quickly.
- Slicing: Reduce lengthwise on the potato pores and skin. Fastidiously spoon out the within of the potato. Go away about ¼ inch of the potato to assist for stability.
- Extra recipes: Preserve the hollowed potato components for extra recipes like this garlic ranch smashed potatoes or making mashed potatoes.
Storing Leftover Potato Skins
When you’ve got leftover air fryer potato skins, ensure to retailer them proper so as to get pleasure from them later! As a result of storing leftovers appropriately is vital, I’ve provide you with a couple of tips about the way to do it!
- Within the Fridge: After they’ve cooled, retailer them in an hermetic container and put them in your fridge. They may last as long as 4 days! Simply ensure to not add the bitter cream, bacon, and inexperienced onions till simply earlier than serving.
- To Reheat: To reheat them, add the potato skins again into the air fryer and prepare dinner at 350 levels for 3-4 minutes. Add toppings as desired!
Reduce the potatoes in half lengthwise. Use a small spoon to fastidiously take away the flesh from the within, leaving a 1⁄4-inch “rim”.
Brush the potatoes with olive oil, then season with salt.
Place the potatoes into the air fryer basket with the lower aspect up.
Prepare dinner within the air fryer at 375° Fahrenheit for six minutes or till golden and smooth.
Open the basket and sprinkle the cheese evenly inside every potato pores and skin. Proceed to prepare dinner for six extra minutes, or till the cheese is melted.
Take away the skins from the basket and fill with bitter cream, bacon, and sliced inexperienced onions.
Serve heat as the proper aspect dish, appetizer, or game-day meals!
Serving1potato pores and skinEnergy145kcal (7%)Carbohydrates16g (5%)Protein4g (8%)Fats7g (11%)Saturated Fats3g (15%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats3gTrans Fats0.01gLdl cholesterol15mg (5%)Sodium372mg (16%)Potassium385mg (11%)Fiber1g (4%)Sugar1g (1%)Vitamin A144IU (3%)Vitamin C5mg (6%)Calcium76mg (8%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third celebration calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.