Achari Paneer is flavorful, wholesome and excessive in protein. Paneer is an Indian cheese, also called chenna. Achari paneer could be very versatile and could be served as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a essential course.
This recipe will serve 8.
- 14oz paneer minimize in ½ inch cubes (paneer you’ll find in Indian grocery retailer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (haldi)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (dahi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 entire pink chilies Sabut lal mirch)
- Pinch of asafetida (hing)
- 1/4 teaspoon nigella (onion seeds or kalonji)
- 1 teaspoons coriander seeds (dhania)
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds (mathi)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds (saunf)
- 1 ½ cup child spinach leaves (palak)
- Combine paneer, yogurt, turmeric and salt. Put aside.
- In a frying pan over medium warmth, dry roast nigella, coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds, and black pepper for 1-2 minutes. Seeds will grow to be darker in shade and provides off a phenomenal aroma.
- Crush the roasted seeds utilizing a mortar or rolling pin. Put aside.
- Add oil to the identical pan, at low-medium warmth. Roast pink chilies until they flip a darker shade. Take away from pan and break every one into 2-3 items.
- Enhance to medium warmth; add asafetida, adopted by paneer combination. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes till many of the moisture has evaporated. Don’t overcook the paneer as it should grow to be dry.The yogurt ought to coat the paneer properly so it stays moist. Flip off the warmth.
- Add all of the dry spices and blend effectively.
- Serve heat achari paneer over a mattress of spinach leaves.
Achari paneer could be made prematurely and refrigerated as much as every week. Nevertheless, it tastes finest when served heat.
Initially posted 2010-10-20 22:04:37.