As if working a pizza idea wasn’t already sophisticated sufficient, you now must cope with an impending recession, altering visitor expectations, workers shortages, and revenue-stifling third-party supply commissions. So, how are you going to fight ever-narrowing revenue margins? If it have been solely a matter of onerous work, you’d already be there, however the fact is, onerous work would not at all times translate to higher income. That is the place know-how can assist. Right now’s cloud-based point-of-sale (POS) methods can assist transfer the revenue needle to your pizzeria, serving to you streamline operations and improve income.
With that stated, right now’s POS market is overflowing with choices, and never all of them are proper for pizza ideas. Earlier than investing in a brand new system, ask these 6 questions.
1. Is the POS quick and straightforward to study?
With our lean labor market — on high of the everyday churn of seasonal staff — you possibly can’t afford lengthy onboarding for brand spanking new staff. With the mistaken POS, you may be losing money and time coaching staff and managers to navigate complicated menu flows and a clunky checkout course of.
Earlier than upgrading to a brand new POS, you may wish to ensure that the menu is straightforward to navigate for workers and that it may deal with your particular necessities for modifiers and add-ons. On the again finish, verify to see how simple it’s to replace your menu and workers permissions — and that you are able to do so remotely. Lastly, is the KDS or print routing going to assist streamline your back-of-house with orders going to the kitchen and bar precisely the way in which you need it configured?
2. Does it combine with takeout & supply?
Takeout & supply is an integral income supply for practically each restaurant right now, significantly so for pizza ideas. The issue is twofold. First, third-party supply apps proceed to eat up market share — and your income. Second, managing in-house, on-line and cellular orders, in addition to curbside pick-up and supply, means having to leap round from one software program platform or pill to a different, none of which discuss to one another. The answer is a POS that mixes all into one system.
Be sure to’re new POS provides:
- Constructed-in on-line ordering to let company order immediately out of your web site and Google with out expensive third-party commissions.
- The flexibility to throttle on-line orders when your eating room is bustling to maintain the kitchen sane.
- A software program integration that funnels inevitable third-party orders immediately into your POS to save lots of you time and eradicate errors.
- For those who handle your personal supply drivers, a software program integration that sends supply orders immediately out of your POS to drivers with AI-powered instructions to reduce supply time.
- If you do not have your personal supply drivers, an integration with a trusted courier service with a reduced flat-fee charge supply payment.
3. Does it make it simple to handle worker schedules and payroll?
Attracting and holding expertise is vital to offering higher visitor experiences and guaranteeing your operations run easily. On the naked minimal, ensure that your new POS makes it simple to create and replace workers profiles and permissions remotely and in addition makes it simple for workers to clock-in and -out proper from the POS.
However that is simply the beginning. To actually save time and create a stellar worker expertise, you may need a two-way integration with a extra in-depth labor administration platform that helps you:
- Finances and schedule labor.
- Implement labor compliance guidelines like breaks and shift durations.
- Streamline payroll and cut back tip pooling and payout right down to minutes.
- Handle staff throughout a number of areas.
4. Does it offer you instruments to show tables quicker?
Slicing prices and boosting effectivity is just half the battle. When deciding the way to improve pizza gross sales, look no additional than customer-facing countertop shows, handheld POS units, and QR order and pay.
- For counter-service operations, customer-facing shows hold the road shifting quick, improve worker take-home pay with preset tip recommendations and assist improve income with built-in digital loyalty rewards
- Handheld POS units are excellent for full-service eating places, enabling your servers to cowl extra tables and switch them quicker, with increased tip payouts
- QR order and pay is an ideal resolution or complement to both of the above choices, enabling company to regulate their ordering expertise and minimizing your headcount wants
5. Does it have in-depth, easy-to-understand reporting?
With provide chain points and inflation affecting meals costs, certainly one of your finest strategies for controlling prices is adjusting your menu. However you possibly can solely make knowledgeable choices when you might have correct, real-time information, so earlier than selecting a brand new POS, make sure you take a deep dive into its reporting capabilities.
On the minimal, you may need an easy-to-understand each day gross sales recap to observe each day tendencies, a visible product combine with modifiers report back to see which pies and toppings are promoting, and worker gross sales experiences to see how your crew is performing. Then, relying in your operations, you may produce other particular experiences that may aid you make higher enterprise choices.
6. Does all of it work collectively?
Not all point-of-sale methods are meant for pizza ideas, so when searching for a brand new pizza POS system, ensure that to do your due diligence and guarantee it has all of the options and capabilities you want. When you possibly can mix all the varied facets of your enterprise into one built-in system—versus counting on disconnected software program and on-line providers — you may see the outcomes, each in your backside line and the additional time you might have on the finish of the day.